Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"Snake II"

01-05-10
Dear Clememtime,


So tonight, I was pondering over something sitting on this rocking chair of ours and at the same time was playing with my mother's old fashioned cellular phone, an antique Nokia 3310. Guess what game was I playing , Snake II *whew 
I kept repeating the game , hoping to reach the top score of 2061, hmm not bad? But seems like even if I do it the hundredth time , I just can't beat the top score tonight , this fifth day of January on the new year of 2011


: l


And well, well, well - it get's irritating whenever I go receive a message on it's green lit litt'l ol' LCD screen "game over,your score: 987 " after seeing how the snake disobey my command on the keypad by not turning the other way though I did make it turn that other waa-aa-aay so bad , just not to let itself get hit by it's own petite body. Just like how the rules said it, no hitting below the belt! Ughhh . ..  keypads. Slow reflexed keypads. I understand the keypads though , that phone just lived ten sumptuous years already. Or worst , when my score gets so, so terribly close then  -  poof, I .. uhm . . . accidentally , well . ..hit the . .uh . . . snake's body.


And since I don't think I can accomplish my goal on that Nokia 3310 tonight, I decided to stop and just thought of trying another set of mind teasing and emotionally packed rounds on Snake II   - tomorrow..


I don't know if you're familiar with this game. It's old, not techie - not super cool. Not attractive to the eyes. Not inspired by the games we are used to. And most especially , not colorful. So cheap as we may mostly say.
But
 It's just - simple. A classic. It's . . . a beautiful game. Not overqualified to entertain bored pondering people like me thus it doesn't feel like cheesy to play such on short free times. You'll know what I mean when you finally get to reach the level of getting bored playing such overrated games nowadays. That's if - you are able to identify one.


I do not know if you'll agree with my such random thoughts - but if you'd also like to reminisce your good old childhood days - I bet just seeing a Nokia 3310 will be enough to get you there. But playing Snake II's much better. I promise
; )




p.s I'll tell you soon what certain date of this year will I be able to beat the top score, :))

No comments:

Post a Comment